Like we say all the time, one thing we will do at Zilla is continuously find ways to make your shopping experience better and smoother. One new way we have achieved this is through CardZilla.
CardZilla is a credit card that we issue to you so that you can now use Zilla anywhere cards are accepted! This means you are no longer limited to buying things from merchants that are only registered on Zilla. You are now able to make purchases from eCommerce websites like Konga, Jumia, and so much more.
How to apply for CardZilla
To apply for CardZilla, you must have verified your identity on the web app. Then you can proceed to ‘Cards and more’ to begin the process of creating your card.
You can watch a video on how to create your card here.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are so excited to bring you this new feature, and we know you have a million questions, so we will answer as many as we can.
- How much can I spend on CardZilla?
You are still limited to the shopping credit you were eligible for when you completed your registration and connected your bank account to Zilla.
- Is the card free?
You can request up to 5 different virtual cards on CardZilla. The first card is free, and subsequent cards will cost 1,000 naira each.
- Are the cards physical or virtual?
Cards are only virtual at this time. We will let you know as soon as we begin to issue physical cards.
- What payment plans are available on CardZilla?
You will have access to the regular payment plans:
– Pay in 4 instalments over six weeks (one payment every two weeks)
– Pay 25% now and the rest in thirty days.
– Pay 50% now and spread the rest over two months (one payment every month).
- Do you charge interest on CardZilla?
We charge you a 5% fee on each purchase you make using CardZilla. For example, if you make a purchase of 10,000 naira using cards, the total amount you pay back will be 10,500 naira. This fee will be factored into your downpayment as well; i.e. down payments will be calculated as 25% (or 50%) of the original amount plus the 5% fee.
- Can I block my cards on CardZilla?
Yes, you can block your cards but you will need to contact email@example.com to unblock them.
- How will refunds work with CardZilla?
Since you will be able to use your cards anywhere, and with merchants we do not have any partnerships with, we will not be able to issue refunds or provide much help with issue resolution when you pay with CardZilla.
If you require a refund from a merchant you have paid using cards, please contact them directly.
- Where can I use CardZilla?
You can use it at any eCommerce site that accepts Naira cards: Konga, Jumia, Uber and so much more.
Important to note
• You cannot use cardZilla to fund your Zilla wallet (or any other wallets).
• You must have connected a different debit card to your Zilla account for repayments to make a purchase.
• Your Zilla wallet must be funded with your downpayment to make a purchase.
Please let us know if you have any questions about CardZilla or anything else. You can reach us on 08147198097 or email us at @zilla.africa (9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday).