Everyone dreams of the day they get to style their first home, however, settling into a new apartment after living with people for most of your life can be overwhelming. In addition to all the mixed emotions you may be feeling, you also need to furnish your apartment- the key, however, is to take it one step at a time. You do not need to feel overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done.
You’ve probably seen all those before and after photos on Twitter, illustrating a house without furniture before and a fully furnished house after. You don’t have to start like that, it only highlights the importance of patience. Well, that’s enough motivational speaking. Let’s get into the main gist.
Tips for Styling Your First Home
- Make a list: Start by listing the things you do not want to compromise on at the beginning; it could be a bedframe, sofa, kitchen appliances, etc. Add the prices to the list (a budget is always useful) and leave some room for wiggle room if the prices end up being higher than you anticipated.
- Do It Yourself: If you’re a DIY king or queen, now’s the best time to flex your skills. If your home needs a new lick of paint, you can paint it by yourself or with friends. Doing things yourself not only saves you a ton of money but also allows you to add a personal touch to your home.
- Pick a Theme: Do you prefer a bohemian aesthetic or something more modern? Choose what works for you and buy decor pieces that fit into your budget.
- Pick out Durable furniture: Good furniture may cost an arm, but it is always absolutely worth it. Consider it to be an investment, and get pieces that work together to give your home a cohesive feel.
- Add some greenery: Adding plants to a home gives it a fresh look. You don’t need to be a plant mom or dad, just one or two plants in the living area will be perfect, and if you do not have the energy for real plants, you can always buy faux plants.
- Personalize your space: You most likely want to follow all of your Pinterest inspiration to the letter, but it’s nice to add your personal touches to different parts of your home to make it feel like yours.
Because this whole process can seem pretty overwhelming at first, Zilla offers you the opportunity to purchase from your favorite stores in instalments to help make your life easier. Check out our full merchant list for all your home improvement needs.
If you have any questions, please let us know. You can reach us on 08147198097 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday).